Savannah Teen Therapy & Life Coaching
Raising teens can often feel overwhelming, but we can all remember being a teen and all the stress and angst that comes with it. It’s a physically and socially tricky path to navigate, and a lack of confidence and direction often leads to strained relationships and uncertainty about what lies ahead. This is why Teen Therapy and Teen Life coaching is often so valuable.
Our teen clients leave the process more confident about who they are, the value they provide to their family, peers, and society. The most rewarding aspect is that they can find their passions and set sound goals to get there in the future.
Common Areas of Focus During Teen Therapy
- School Stress We’ll work through how to process the social and academic challenges of middle school, high school, and the first years of college.
- Encouraging Communication The teen years are often the times where communication can start to really break down between you and your teen. We’ll work through whatever issues are causing this breakdown. This will greatly help your teen understand the value and freedom from sharing both the challenges and exciting aspects of their life.
- Anger Issues Adolescence is a time when the effects of early childhood stress and trauma can come to the surface. The most common symptom of this trauma is anger. Like our communication focus, we’ll work through whatever they’ve processed, and help them to both control and eliminate unhealthy levels of anger.
- Planning for the Future Teens face a number of challenges towards the end of high school and the beginning of college. Uncertainty often circles around college choices, areas of study or even just how to best contribute to society when they become an adult. The Teen Life Coaching focus of our Teen Therapy helps to give confidence needed to make these choices and commit to them.
- New Diagnosis Whether your teen was recently diagnosed with ADHD, Anxiety, Depression, or something else, we’ll discuss the best avenue to support your teen. We can also work through the added stress it adds to your life. In addition, if you have a diagnosis and are concerned about the impact on your teen and your family we can work through that as well.
Benefits of Therapy
- Self Confidence
- Building New or Stronger Relationships
- Increased Quality of Family Relationships
- Life & Goal Direction
I encourage you to contact me if what I said resonates with what you feel your teen needs at the moment. The next step will be to set up an intake appointment and create a personalized, tailored treatment plan to achieve your teens’ goals.