Our Philosophy For Marriage Counseling and Couples Therapy
There are three key ideas that drive our work with couples in our Couples Therapy/Marriage Counseling sessions.
- First, we believe the family we grow up in drives our views on romantic and partner relationships. We call this attachment, and it’s important.
- Second, we believe that marriage and committed relationships are much like a house. You need a strong foundation while continuing to build more.
- Third, relationships are work and take effort. Realizing that keeping up with your relationship is beneficial and necessary, it’s easier to maintain you and your partners level of satisfaction.
Our Couples Therapy services are inclusive on all levels.
Is Marriage Counseling/Couples Therapy A Good Choice For You?
Even the healthiest of relationships can always benefit from counseling. That being said, there are cues that it may be a good idea to attend Couples Therapy.
- Are you looking to build a stronger foundation with your partner?
- Do you want to improve your communication to be healthy and open?
- Do you find that you and your partner aren’t on the same page? Or even the same book?
- Could your connection as a couple use strengthening?
- Has sex or intimacy been a budding conversation?
- Do parenting differences put a wedge between you two?
- Have you decided to get a divorce or to separate, and want to maintain the peace?
If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, you’re making a great decision by looking into working with a licensed marriage and couples therapist to achieve your relationship goals.
The Next Step
If you’re looking to start finding those solutions and changes you’d like to see in your life, getting started has never been more easy and convenient. Use our user-friendly online booking to find a time that works for you.
Still have questions? That’s okay too! Whether you want to know the benefits of private pay, if your policy will cover my services, when appointment times are, or even what to expect from your visits, please visit our FAQ page.