Back to School
Before summer is over and school is back in session, doing these 5 things will help the transition.
1. Get kids ready by taking them to get all their school supplies. Make it an adventure! One idea is to have a scavenger hunt with all the materials they’ll need and a prize at the end.
2. Bring them to get their first day outfit/choose from their closet and pick a place for their annual picture. Picking out their own clothes can be a treat for kids because they get to show off their favorite clothing. The picture can set up to be a great family tradition and ritual, something to mark the beginning of each school year.
3. Ask them to choose a first day meal to celebrate. Whether it’s their favorite lunch or a special snack they’ve earned kids love the opportunity to make decisions and you get a say in the options.
4. Write a note to them and put it in their lunch box, waiting for them when they are ready to eat. They’ll love the surprise and knowing that you care.
5. Celebrate! You’ve survived them being home for the summer.
The notion behind these ideas is that you want to create an excitement behind the start of school and all the tasks or errands that happen before the first day.
Let’s continue the conversation if the above makes sense to you. Please let me know if you have any questions. I’d love to help you!